Monday, September 08, 2008

A Wednesday

Just finished watching it and I have to say that I am mighty pleased with it. That is so not because the movie is great from an art perspective or that the script was powerful or that the actors were superb. We expect a Naseeruddin Shah or an Anupam Kher to do their job well and they have done it well. The junior actors acted nicely and there was not too much to criticize acting wise or movie making wise. However one great thing about this movie interpreted as a message is that there was a clear unbiased opinion expressed. The comman man is tired of it and want to do something about it and we all have an opinion about how to go about the process. Sadly though this clear dictate never makes it to the silver screen, atleast in India. We are morally inclined to do the right thing and not give in to hate and anger. This however was not the case with this movie in that the message was clear in the minds of the story teller and that makes for uncomplicated and to the point story.
Whether one agrees with the message or not is a matter of personal taste. I am not taking anyside but merely expressing joy at expereincing a story where there was little confusion in the mind of the story teller.
Oh I almost forgot, Neeraj Pandey you did a good job :D

2 comments:

Swagat said...

How can I watch this movie here? Any idea ...

Swagat said...

Just watched this movie over internet. Luckily I could get a good print. I enjoyed the movie thoroughly. Thanks for your comment. It kind of instigated me to watch this movie ...