Monday, October 20, 2008

PhD Resolutions !!!

Here is a very accurate description of what goes on in our heads. I got this as a forwarded mail from my dear friend and lab mate Prem Kumar P. Thanks Prem !!!



*Phd resolutions.*


Before joining PhD:

I want to win the Nobel Prize.
I want to win the Turing Award.

First year of PhD:d

I want to finish PhD in two years.
I want to publish papers only in top tier conferences.
I want to make ground-breaking research.
I want to win the best PhD Thesis award.

Second year of PhD:

I want to finish PhD in 5 years.
I want a problem.
Shall I change my advisor?

Third year of PhD:

I want a paper; I don't care which conference.
Shall I change my topic?
I want to be known as Dr bhOndOO.

Fourth year of PhD:

I want to finish PhD!
My industry-friends have two children by now. When will I get married?

Fifth year of PhD:

Why did I come here?
Why did I choose this advisor?
Why did I choose this topic?

Sixth year of PhD:

Someone give me a degree!
I want to leave this place for ever.
Let me leave.

Seventh year of PhD:

People call me uncle.
She waited and finally married someone else.
I don't want any degree. I just want to live peacefully.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny. :)
Indeed, my roommate's friend is doing Phd in sciences at IIsc for more than 9 years. After joining, he got married and two children. One time children asked him, "Dad, why are you studying here for so long?"

Srinivas

Gurpreet Singh said...

Patience!! My dear friend, that's the key to unlock the outside world. Keep fighting, you will win one day and that day is not far.

Gurpreet Singh

Gurpreet Singh said...

What is with you and these monthly posts? I would love to see more regular ones. Doesn't need to be 2 pages long, but be more regular.